Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Use Caution with Sample Forms

As I was working my way through the website, I came across an interesting, and somewhat disturbing feature - the fill-in forms, such as the Contact Form. If you have ever created a form in Google docs, you know that you have the option to share the form with other users, either as viewers or collaborators. Well apparently my Contact Form has been shared with other collaborators since November 2009. I can view the comments submitted by other people who tried to use the form, along with their email addresses. Until I create my own form and link it to the website, I am keeping the original form up, but I caution users not to fill it in - or at least not with information that you don't want public.

1 comment:

  1. One of my co-workers (a Math teacher) is off at a weeklong workshop using Google. Today, she shared a website with me that she created in her course. Oddly enough, even though I am aware that the sample forms found in Google sites templates are openly shared, I almost found myself completing one on her website, just to see what happens, but I stopped myself.

    ReplyDelete